Last Updated: March 31, 2017
Jaguar Air provides on-demand heating and air conditioning services to its users. Users do not have to set up an appointment, the application locates closest technician to complete their service request on-demand.
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us
- Registration Information. When you sign up for a Jaguar Air account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number.
- User Profile Information. Filling out a profile (such as your photo or avatar) is optional, and you can share as little or as much as you want. Your name is always part of your profile.
- Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your Jaguar Air account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact Customer Service team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect When You Use the Jaguar Air Mobile Application
- Location Information. Jaguar Air is all about providing heating and air services without having to set up an appointment. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open Jaguar Air on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background.
- Your location information is necessary for things like finding the nearest technician, and automatically suggesting the desired service location. Also, if the need ever arises, our safety team may use and share location information to help protect the safety of Jaguar Air Users or a member of the public.
- Device Information. Jaguar Air receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use Jaguar Air and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the mobile application, like the content you view, your actions within the Jaguar Air app, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Call and Text Information. Phone calls and text messages between Customers and Technicians who have been connected will happen through the device’s carrier. During the registration or login process, a third-party provider will be used for sending automated one-time passwords.
- User Feedback. At Jaguar Air, we want to make sure Customers are always receiving the best service from our Technicians. Customers and Technicians may rate and review each other at the end of every completed service request. We receive information about ratings and reviews and, as we explain below, give Customers information about Technicians’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Third-Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
- Background Information on Technicians. Jaguar Air works with third-party partners to perform background checks on Technicians, and we may receive information from them such as publicly available information about a Technician’s driving record or criminal history.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Connect Customers with Technicians;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote Jaguar Air;
- Analyze how the Users utilize Jaguar Air;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to safety issues that may arise, including disputes between Customers and Technicians, and requests from government authorities.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Sharing Between Users
- Sharing between Customers and Technicians.
Customers and Technicians that have been connected are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their Profiles. Technicians see the service location that the Customer has provided. Customers see the Technician’s real-time location as the Technician approaches the pick-up location. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but we can’t rule out that a Technician may be able to identify the Customer that provided the rating or feedback.Although we help Customers and Technicians communicate with one another to arrange service, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users.
- Sharing Between Jaguar Air and Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Jaguar Air or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- To provide information about the use of the Jaguar Air to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of Jaguar Air.
- Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages. However, we will still send you transactional and relational text messages about your account use of Jaguar Air.
- Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of Jaguar Air (such as receiving a notification when your Technician has arrived).
- Profile Information. While your name will always be shared with Technicians, you can delete any additional information that you added to your Profile at any time if you don’t want Technicians to see it. Customers will always be able to see Technicians’ names, rating, and profile photos.
- Location Information. If you prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, you will be able to provide a service address in order to receive service. However, allowing location information to be shared provides the most optimal experience when using the Jaguar Air mobile application.
- Data Security
We are committed to protecting the data of the Customers and Technicians who use Jaguar Air. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
- Children’s Privacy. Jaguar Air is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us.